Awakening and Engaging the World: Traditional Zen in Contemporary Life
(View description for Winter 2016 Practice Period at City Center)
Led by Urban Temple Dharma Teacher Ryushin Paul Haller
January 20 – March 26, 2016
Location: Online, San Francisco Zen Centre
Students in this program may participate entirely from home through our online practice period offerings, or may attend one or more practice events in person. Online practice participants may attend practice period events at the member rate.
The following offerings will be available to online participants through a forum set up for practice period participants:
· Live-streamed dharma talks on Wednesdays, Saturdays and during sesshin.
· Access to the video of the practice period class, Awakening and Engaging the World: Traditional Zen in Contemporary Life.
· Downloads of handouts, readings and exercises for this class.
· The opportunity to interact in small groups.
· Interactive meetings with Ryushin Paul Haller, the shuso and other participants via conference calls.
· One-on-one practice discussions with a senior student.
· Blog posts from the shuso (head student).
· Opportunity to have an online practice relationship with other students practicing offsite.
Access to the practice period website will be provided in the weeks prior to the practice period, after payment of the online participation fee (see below). See the online participation practice period application below for recommendations on how to participate from home.
Online Participation Fee: $149; $134 current members; $119 limited income. Some partial scholarships available.
Online Participation Practice Period Application Process:
2. Email your completed application to email@example.com.
3. Pay your online participation fee here.
Applications for online participation will be accepted through Monday, January 11. Please sign up early, in order to best support the program.
Inquiries, comments and feedback may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.