Sunday, March 24, 1 pm – 4 pm
Find out how to use the teachings of Zen Buddhism to transform your life. During this introductory afternoon, you will:
- Learn some simple techniques to help settle your mind
- Find a sitting posture to maintain a quiet steadiness while you meditate
- Design a meditation space to support a regular practice
- Discover the path that can lead to an easing of anxiety and depression
- Explore the practical aspects of the 11th step (for those in recovery)
We recommend loose comfortable clothing. The suggested donation is £10, but please donate whatever you can afford.
Settling the body and the breath cultivates a settled state of mind. Sitting in a balanced posture creates a quiet steadiness that can, with training, become our default state, a way to meet whatever happens with upright and calm awareness. When we regularly meditate in a space that is free from distraction and interruption, we can begin to discover a deeper level of stillness that stretches outwards from our limited self-absorbed world view. The preoccupations of our daily lives take up less space for a while as we give our active cognitive brains a rest and take the backwards step that turns the light inward.