Black Mountain Zen Centre is a charity dedicated to spreading the Dharma and offering a quiet space to practise meditation. Situated in the Cathedral Quarter of Belfast, with affiliated groups throughout Northern Ireland, BMZC provides a meditation space at no cost, and is open nine times per week, offering at least one meditation session nearly every day of the year for anyone wanting to attend. BMZC also offers a weekly study group, a monthly day of silent meditation, and runs twice-yearly silent meditation retreats (known as sesshins) where students can deepen their meditative practice.
As a charity, BMZC relies on your generosity to continue its activities. Your donation is used to pay rent for the premises and associated bills, and to provide support for the teachers. The practice of “Dana”, or generosity, is one of the foundations of spiritual development. Dana helps us to cultivate a spirit of openness and generosity in every area of our lives, encouraging our capacity for self-transcendence. Your kind donations are an expression of the practice of generosity.
How to Donate?
You can donate to BMZC in the two ways outlined below:
- Make a donation.
- Become a BMZC member.
1. Make a donation
You can either leave a donation at the centre when visiting, or follow the instructions below to provide a donation online; either would be gratefully received.
You can use the online facility to donate only as a once off, no repeating donations. Those people who want to donate regularly would be better becoming a BMZC member. They should skip this section and read section 2 below: Become a BMZC member.
BMZC uses the wonderful.org site to take online donations. (Wonderful does not charge anything extra or take a percentage of the donated amount.)
- Click the link to go to the Wonderful site: https://wonderful.org/charity/blackmountainzencentre
- Click Donate Now
- On the first page enter your name and email address.
- Then set the amount you wish to donate. You can also make the donation anonymous if you wish to.
- Then tick you agree to the Wonderful terms
- Click the Next button
- You are now on the second screen, related to contact details. You can give your details to us by ticking “I consent to receiving contact from charities I am supporting via email.”
- This is of course optional. Click Next to reach the Gift Aid screen.
- If you are a UK taxpayer and would like to contribute Gift Aid, then tick “I’m a UK taxpayer and want to add Gift Aid to my donation.”
- For the Gift Aid questions firstly set “Yes, this is my own money.”
- Then “No, these are not proceeds from goods and services.”
- Then for the final Gift Aid question, set: “No, I am not receiving benefit from this donation.”
- Then enter your full name, first line of your address and postcode.
- Click Next to enter your payment details
- On the payment screen, enter your card number, expiry date and security code.
- Then click Make Payment.
- Thanks for the donation; you will receive an email with a receipt for it.
2. Become a BMZC Member
You can become a member of BMZC by filling in a form and providing a monthly donation. This will enable you to attend BMZC sangha meetings to discuss the running of the centre.
To make inquiries about how to go about this, please ask for a form at the centre itself, or use the contact form below to ask for further information: